Re: Top Down

To: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Subject: Re: Top Down
From: examiner@scci.net
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 09:26:17 -0400

Atwell Haines wrote:

> I would revise Bob's procedure as follows:
>
> 1.  Release latches top of windshield (removes the tension on the top)
> 2.  Unsnap hoodsticks
> 3.  Unzip rear window so it falls, uncreased, into car.(Maybe it will last
> longer this way?)
> 4.  Get out of car
> 5. Unsnap lower snaps both sides
> 6. While raising the front of the top, pull out the top from just
> forward of the rear window, as you flip the front back. This will result
> in having the frame folded back while the top is stretched back to the
> rear, over the luggage compartment lid.
> 7.  Fold the quarter panels inward and then fold the top forward over to
> the front behind the seats.
> 8.  Tip your hat to the passers-by as you drive off into the sunshine. DO
> NOT attempt to wipe that grin off your face!
>
> Enjoy it,
>
> Atwell Haines
> '79 Spitfire
> "If I could offer you your only tip for the future, sunscreen would be it."

Atwell,
No need to unzip rear window (besides, some of those zippers can't take TOO
much action) it will stay flat when the top is folded over from the back to the
front....leastwise MINE does....

Cheers, as I'm off to watch the Mustangs fly at Kissimmee.......
--
Bob Norway
Rockledge, Florida
Home Page http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/5953/mypage.html
ICQ# 3752712
***************************
TLCB - Thailand, Laos, Cambodia Brotherhood
http://www.seacoast.com/~jsweet/brotherh/index.html
Udorn RTAFB Nov'70 - Nov'71
432 AMS/Autopilot
Member Udorn VFW Post 10249