engine clicking

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: engine clicking
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 13:32:19 PDT
Hello listers I am now officially off lurker mode since this next
weekend I'm going to bring the spitfire up here to school.  Before I
make the trek I'd like to figure out what this clicking noise I hear
is.

The engine has a rhythmic click that's proportional to rpm.  I can't
really tell where its coming from.  I suspect maybe a lifter or
perhaps the fuel pump or water pump.  The car has done this as long
as I've owned it and it runs very strong now but the sound still
bothers me.

Any direction would be appreciated, thanks

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spitfire