more info on my stalling spitfire

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: more info on my stalling spitfire
From: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 22:51:50 EDT
I should have said this the first time, but here is the info: It is a '74
spitfire 1500 w/ a single Zenith Stromberg. Mileage seems to have gotten
worse, but I could just be driving it a little more b/c of the nice weather
so I have to fill up more. I haven't really been paying attention to the
actual miles. I used to go about 1/2-3/4 a tank a week, now i am at a tank
lasting a little less that a week. I had the vaccuum tube fall off the
distributer a few months ago, but i cut the bad end off and put a clamp on
it. The distributor should be OK - a month ago, as you may recall, the clamps
fell off and the cap came loose. I took it to a mechanic to get new clamps,
and i believe he inspected it while it was in there.

Kris Powell