Re: Valve Adjustment take 2

To: mgrazian@ltcm.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve Adjustment take 2
From: Metallian6@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 20:59:08 EDT
In a message dated 4/12/99 5:32:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mgrazian@ltcm.com writes:

<< Is it OK to reuse the gasket as it was
 in
 good shape,  and I used some permatex black gasket glue to help with the
 seal. >>

Mike, myself I would not use the same head gasket if you already tourked the
head and then losened it. The reason is when you apply all that preasure it
compresses the gasket making it less effective when reused. I always buy a
new gasket when I put something back together to be safe. I have never
replaced a head gasket on a spitfire before but have on a '76 Camaro with a
327ci I built. I don't know if british cars are any different but I wouldn't
think so. At least not that different.

James