Re: advise needed on pertronix ignitor

To: Chris DeStaffany <sjmeds@rockisland.com>
Subject: Re: advise needed on pertronix ignitor
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 18:56:49 -0700
Chris,
  If your play around with the unit you've got, you *should* be able to
get it to fit.  I fit a unit from a later Spit on my '64 1147 stock
distributor.  I think I needed to drill a hole or two in the plate that
the points and condensor fasten to, and then "shim" the little rotator
part correctly on to the shaft.  So far it's worked pretty well, even
though I haven't driven the car yet - it's still a rolling chassis...
but the engine runs real sweet...

good luck,
Peter Ficklin
'64 & '69 Spits