Help

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Help
From: Mike.Hopkins@mis.magna-europa.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:11:52 +0100

Saw your email on the auto.team.net and visited your web site and even
though i'm in the UK and may never use your service if you want to get the
company name out here are a few suggestions.

(1)  Put a parts catalogue on line such as that at www.rimmerbros.co.uk,
this is helpful for pictorial reference and if I want to     order parts
when I'm at work I dont have to have the part catalogue on my desk

(2)  Put technical info on line such as Frequent Brit car problems,
questions and answers, especially anything to do with   paint codes and
where bump noises could come from, examples of this can be found at
www.vtr.org/maintain/index.html.

Next tell your boss that you are going to spend the whole day on the net.
Once he comes off the ceiling tell him that you are going to put links to
your web site in every Brit car website and that the money made from new
customers will outweigh that days labour charge. (dont forget the triumph
web ring)

Lets face it the site is a bit yawn yawn, if you get people looking at your
site for the tech info they will go back when they want to buy something.
Sites that interest me get put in my bookmark file and I often go back,
sites that bore me I never go back to.

Here is an example, when I buy a spare part the two companies I buy from
are Moss (www.mossint.co.uk) and Rimmer. I usually always ending up buying
from Rimmers as their site helps me buy my product even though the parts
maybe more expensive.

With this approach you may do more in spare parts but once your name gets
out, mouth to mouth will take over and persons around your area will start
to use the service side.

Hope this helps