Re: WARNING! SPITFIRE VIRUS

To: suchak@mediaone.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WARNING! SPITFIRE VIRUS
From: Metallian6@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 16:01:20 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/99 8:43:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
suchak@mediaone.net writes:

<< I'm curious why you like the '79's
 specifically..  >>

Hi John. The reason I like '79 Spitfires so much is because I owned one when
I was 16 and have alot of good memories driving it. It was the best car I
ever owned. My 1962 A-H Sprite, which I still have, was my first car but it
has not ran since 1977. My 1979 Spitfire was my first running car. I restored
it from looking like a piece of crap to something that turned heads
everywhere I went. I traded it for a 1981 Monte Carlo. BIG mistake. It was
the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned. But at the time I knew nothing
of mechanics to tell. My dad said it was a good car. Turns out the engine was
ready to blow, had a knock in it, run like crap, and the tranny was almost
gone. So there you are. A little long winded but it's the only way I could
explain it.

James
'79 Spitfires, come to me. :-)