RE: Engine Swaps Again

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Engine Swaps Again
From: Mike Welch <mikew@turbopower.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:00:30 -0600
I've put some thoughts into using a Jeep 4 liter engine and drivetrain.  The
200hp, 260ft-lb output from the straight six is a bit more than peppy, and
very reliable (I've put over 140k with only routine maintenance).  I
superimposed the engine/4wd manual schematic over a schematic of the Spit,
and everything looks like it would fit (using a shorter rwd driveshaft, the
front driveshaft matches up).  The block is a bit taller than the stock Spit
hood/bonnet, so a little modification would be needed there (I don't think
the GT6 bulge would clear either).  I think I still have the AutoCAD drawing
around somewhere if you are interested.

Mike Welch (TurboPower Software)