RE: Pads under carpets WAS: Tunnel padding

To: "'Atwell Haines'" <carbuff@nac.net>
Subject: RE: Pads under carpets WAS: Tunnel padding
From: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 07:10:38 -0600

Atwell- I don't know about factory, but I just finished putting new Top-of
-the-line carpets in our race car (my brother insisted-In the spirit of
vintage racing don't you know) and the VB set has about 5/8" of padding
under the carpets. I believe it's for sound deadening, so the carpets in
question may be an old set of VB's finest(?)
Mark Haynes
'65 SPIT RMVR#162    Waiting to see how much faster we are with carpets