RE: Electrical questions/problem

To: "Bowen, Patrick A. RP2" <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil>
Subject: RE: Electrical questions/problem
From: "Gregory W. Smith" <gsmith@cvn.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 00:15:40 -0400
Stick your battery on a charger for 12-24 hours. Maybe longer... if your
charger has a gauge, you'll be able to tell when it's done.

I'm intimately familiar with these symptoms (especially he electric tach
one) as my "tested" battery <1year old, my "tested" alternator, my new
battery & starter cables, still don't keep me from losing a charge over
about 150 miles.

The Ammeter should be installed within the week. I carry a fully charged
spare battery and swap the two when my temperature drops below 1/2 (usually
runs 3/4, and so the gauge doubles as my pseudo-voltmeter)

Anyone have any thoughts on mine? The red light in the speedo works; it
flickers when the car is stated, but does not come on during normal driving.

Gregory W. Smith      http://www.cvn.net/~gsmith
Member, Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
1980 Spitfire 1500 "for the wife" :)
1980 TR7 Spider v8 (in progress)
1980 TR7 30th Anniversary Edition (deceased)