My car is "Fat" (non-technical)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: My car is "Fat" (non-technical)
From: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 21:40:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,
Thought I'd share a little story. I took the wife,
(and we crammed the dog behind the seats) dropped the
top, and drove the spit down to the local Dairy Queen
for a sundae. After placing my order I drove to the
pick-up window. I could tell by the voice on the
speaker the girl working the window was rather young.
When we drove up to pay she looked like she was about
14.

Anyway, when she looked and saw the car she
enthusiastically blurted out, "Wow! Fat Car". I was
like "excuse me". At first I thought maybe something
was wrong with the car (typical Spit owner response,
eh?). Then I thought maybe it was some sort of
put-down. Finally I decided maybe she meant "Fast
Car". I was about to explain my 1500 engine wasn't
about to win any races when my wife, noticing I was
perplexed, informed me it was a compliment. "Fat", my
wife explained, is like "bad", "hot", "radical", you
know--"cool". It was a landmark occassion for me
actually, foreshadowing proof at 29 soon to be 30 I'm
already falling from the mainstream.

So don't make my mistake, listers. Be informed, you
are driving fat cars!

--Rick

===
--Rick