What Relay for Adding a Fan

Subject: What Relay for Adding a Fan
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 10:34:21 -0700
Hello all,

While patiently (NOT!) waiting for my body to arrive back on my TR3B so it's
restoration can continue, I've turned my attention back to my Spitfire. I've
decided to add an electrical fan (in push mode) to it, no thermostat, just a
switch for when stuck in stop and go traffic on hot days. My question comes
from what relay to use for this. I didn't get too far at the local auto
parts store -- since I'm adding something that wasn't meant for the car,
they can't look anything up. I did take a look at several relays just to get
some ideas. From past postings, I was expecting to find them with four
terminals. The ones they had with four terminals all looked like they needed
special plugs to attach to them. They had some with more generic terminals
(labeled as horn relays), but these only had three (unlabeled) terminals on
them.

So --- what kind of relay do I want to get, and how do I determine how it is
wired since I have no directions or wiring diagram to go by.

Thanks!

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire