Re: My car is "Fat" (non-technical): update to PHAT

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My car is "Fat" (non-technical): update to PHAT
From: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 22:16:53 EDT
Being an 18 year old, and thinking I might have a good grasp on the
situation, I will offer my interpretation. Phat has been used for a number of
years, and is essentiallyinterchangable with "cool." Naturally, they have
slightly different connotations, but it is all in the same vein as "bad,"
"cool," "gnarly," "groovy," and all the other slang words that can be loosely
defined as "really good." It has been said to be an acronym for "Pretty Hot
and Tempting," but I do not know if that is its original meaning. You should
all check out the Chris Tucker/Charlie Sheen/Heather Locklear flick "Money
Talks." It is pretty funny (to an 18 year old), and there is a notable scene
in which Chris Tucker calls Heather Locklear phat. Charlie Sheen also drives
a nice Shelby GT500 Convertible, I believe, and Chris Tucker steals a nice XK
140 that magically shifts on its own and proceeds to beat the hell out of it.
And who can forget these lines -

Butler: Would you like some Dom Perignon '87?
Chris Tucker: How 'bout some Colt - 45?

Kris Powell