broken over brakes.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: broken over brakes.
From: "Keith Burns" <kayak_keith@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:44:03 PDT
Hi all,
Well I went to check my work for the weekend. I actually put the pads
on asymetrically and only remembered it as symetrical. thanks to all
that straightened me out on that point.
Sooooo since the adjusters are backed out and the pads are on corectly
and the parking brake is released and I can still only barely force
the brake drum on.
Should I:
grind about a 1/16 of an inch off of each brake shoe at the point it
contacts the cylinder?
Or
Just drive (or attempt  to drive ) the car and hope that the brakes
seat in..
or????
Any input would be appreciated since I don't want to do something that
I will regret later.
thanks,
Keith