New Spit and Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: New Spit and Questions
From: KHOCO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 12:27:42 EDT
Listers
         Due the fact that I still have a lot work to do on the gt6 and one
Triumph is not enough Iv'e just bought a 70 mk 3 Spit. I think the Comm
number is FD084919L. Is this Correct? The Zero after the FD appears to have
been struck high making it look like a U.
      This leads into my other Question. The windscreen vin is intact but the
commission plate is missing. The Owner thinks the plate was removed when his
brother painted it. I don't have much hope of him finding it. Is it possible
to get another comm plate?
          The body is soild as a rock but needs a little surface rust removel
and painting. the owner had the floors and rockers replaced but I could feel
the rust starting on the floors underneth the car. Engine is good. Interior
needs work and a new top. All the lights are intact, even the coveted red
reflectors and a spare which will go on the gt6.
             Almost forgot, The  front badge has the spitfire name over a
circle I think this is supposed to be the old spitfire insigna. The colors
are worn off.
What are the colors for the circle and is there anyplace to get it restored?
I seem to remember that these badges are desirable to have.
              Anyway TIA

Ken Copeland
70 GT6+ KC78784
70 Spit FD*84919