Re: New Spit and Questions

To: KHOCO@aol.com
Subject: Re: New Spit and Questions
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:00:51 -0400 ()
On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 KHOCO@aol.com wrote:

> number is FD084919L. Is this Correct? The Zero after the FD appears to have
> been struck high making it look like a U.

Undoubtedly it is a "U" (for Federal-spec , or "U"nited States version).

>       This leads into my other Question. The windscreen vin is intact but the
> commission plate is missing. The Owner thinks the plate was removed when his
> brother painted it. I don't have much hope of him finding it. Is it possible
> to get another comm plate?

I don't know if that style is available or not. The commission plate
should be on the driver's "B" post on the 1970 models.

>              Almost forgot, The  front badge has the spitfire name over a
> circle I think this is supposed to be the old spitfire insigna. The colors
> are worn off.
> What are the colors for the circle and is there anyplace to get it restored?
> I seem to remember that these badges are desirable to have.

It would be badge #20 on <http://www.web2000.com/emblems/p2.htm>; scroll
down the left side of that page to get to the badge. Colors are red and
blue. I think the originals actually were done simply with a "transfer"
(decal), hence the tendency to fade.

--Andy