Re: Front end shake

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: Front end shake
From: "Wayne Burton" <Wayne_burton@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 00:12:05 -0700

> Kevin B. Rhodes wrote

>> I am still trying to figure out what is causing my front end shake on
>> Freddy. I am pretty sure it is not a tire balance issue, I have had the

>> Car particulars are 77 frame and tub, 69 engine, MKIII front springs,
Koni
>> shocks adjusted 3/4 towards hard. If it makes any difference I think the
>> steering column is from a 79-80 as it has the plastic binnacle .....
>
>> Any thoughts?? Do they all do this??

No they don't - Mine is smooth as silk up to 80
No mention about whether the alignment has been checked. (Toe in)
Also, are the rubbers which hold the rack to the frame tight and firm?  If
they are loose,
you will get a shake with the slightest imbalance or alignment problem.
For a quick fix - remove the mount and rubber, wrap the good hockey tape
around the rack
a few turns and replace the rubbers and mounts. The play should go away
until you can replace
the rubbers.

Wayne Burton
1963 Triumph Spitfire4