Re: TRF Summer Party Car Show

To: "Bill Gunshannon" <bill@cs.uofs.edu>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: TRF Summer Party Car Show
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 08:21:28 -0400
Bill Gunshannon wrote:
> One curiosity though.  In front of the Coventry Inn was a TR5 that
> had 2500 on the side and PI on the back.  I have never seen one of
> these before.  But when I was in Europe, I had a friend with a
> Triumph 2.5PI.  We always used to wonder about taking a TR6 or TR250
> and putting the engine, trans and diff from the PI into it.  If I
> understand what I saw (unfortunately, this car must be someones
> transportation and wasn't in the show, so the hood was down and I
> didn't get to see the engine) Triumph actually sold a car that was
> exactly this.  Can anyone (like it's owner!) verify this to satisfy
> my curiosity??

If it was a red one, that was Charles Runyan's car...ergo parked in front
of the Coventry Inn, because he just drove to work:-)

> I was also surprised to see some cars being shown that were not even
> at the stage of repair that mine was when I bought it.  Makes me sad
> I didn't decide to show it.  Maybe next year!!

That's why many listers here always encourage one another to enter the
show...it supports the organizers and gives you a chance to talk to others
of the same interests. BTW mine was the dusty, blemished Damson Mk3 Spit.

Cheers
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart