Carbs and emissions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Carbs and emissions
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:53:18 -0700
Question 1:  Has anyone replaced the ZS carbs on their late model ('78 -
'80) Spitfire with Webers or SUs and passed an emissions test?

Question 2:  Has anyone also replaced the cast iron exhaust manifold with
tubular headers, incorporated the EGR valve and catalytic converter and
passed an emissions test?  I am thinking about designing and building a set
of headers to do just that (unless there are some already out there).

By "emissions test" I mean the factory published emissions spec for that
model year.

Thanks.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)