Re: Engine Temperature

To: Sue <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Temperature
From: Phil Johnson <gt6_man@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:20:30 +0100 (BST)

--- Sue <suzie_bear@hotmail.com> wrote:
> My temp gauge never even gets to the 1/4 mark. I
> just thought it never got
> hot but I guess I should now read this to mean that
> the thermostat is up the
> creek.

Don't worry about the low reading. The sender unit and
gauges are uncalibrated items and are there only to
give an indication of the temperature. It is more
likely to be the sender unit in the water pump housing
that is giving the low reading.

Having said that, if your radiator top hose is not
getting hot, the thermostat may be stuck open and the
engine not warming up properly.

More important would be a sudden rise in temperature
though or some deviation from what is 'normal'.

===
Phil Johnson
Club Triumph (UK) Spitfire/GT6 Secretary
http://www.club.triumph.org.uk/

66 Spitfire4 Mk2 FC73949
68 GT6 Mk1 KC13299