Re: decarburizing(?)

To: "John Weber" <weberjm@teleport.com>, "David Brock" <davidb@ilx.com>,
Subject: Re: decarburizing(?)
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:37:58 +0100
>One of the 'tricks' we used back in the reciprocating powerplant days was
>use hydraulic fluid down the carb(s) throat while at 75%.  Nasty stuff,
>atomized cherry juice.

Seems to me we've had suggestions to blow in atomised water, crushed nuts of
the vegetable variety and other liquids. Unless I've got threads mixed up,
wasn't the original query something along the lines that the lister had
already removed his cylinder head because of a blown gasket and needed
advice of what to do from thereon in? If the head is already off, why not do
the work the old fashioned way - with tools?

Jonmac