RE: Weight Distribution

To: Ralph Goodwin <rgoodwin@ipass.net>,
Subject: RE: Weight Distribution
From: "Bowen, Patrick A" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 10:13:35 -0400
Weight distribution on any sports car should equate out to 50/50, 50% on the
front and 50% on the back.  If you were to put a scale under each wheel they
should all read the same - for perfect performance.  You also need to look
at putting the weight as low in the car as possible to keep your center of
gravity low.  This next point I am not so sure on, but it would seem that
you would not want to extend much weight past the the wheels, by that I mean
putting alot of weight right next to the front bumper and rear bumper as I
would imagine this to cause your car to try and take on its on life in
serious curves (anyone else on this).  BTY it seems as if there would have
to be a way of getting that car lighter.

Patrick Bowen