'78 Spitfire for sale

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: '78 Spitfire for sale
From: Glenn Trunnell <trunnell@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 19:38:31 -0400
Hi all,

After much consideration I have decided to put my Spitfire up for sale.  It
is a great car and I have had a lot of fun with it, but I have always
wanted a TR4 or TR250 and I have decided to pursue that goal instead of
continuing to rebuild my Spitfire.  So if anyone is interested here are the
details (also posted on the VTR website)
The car is a '78 model that has a high compression '76 engine installed,
the engine was rebuilt and balanced about 2500 miles ago.  Virtually every
mechanical assembly is new or rebuilt and the car was repainted last year
in the original pageant blue color.  Other new or rebuilt parts include:
stainless exhaust, alternator, carb, brakes, new gas shocks, crane ignition
system, all polyurethane bushings, rebuilt diff, new clutch, new pressure
plate, etc. battery, coil, plug wires, front and rear springs and rebuilt
suspension and many other parts. I have reciepts for everything.  I also
have the original '78 engine which needs a new #3 rod bearing, but is
otherwise sound.  The car has a new inspection, and I have all emissions
equipment including a spare air pump, exh. manifold and catalytic
converter.  The car is located in Chapel Hill, NC and I am asking $2850.00,
which is far less than the amount of parts and labor that has gone into
this car.  If anyone is interested I am can send pictures and further
details.

Thanks,

Glenn Trunnell
(919)-942-8405 until Jan. 2