Brakes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes
From: Ken C <kenwc@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 19:58:04 -0800
Spitlisters,

The '72 Spit is getting closer to completion, lots of details left. However,
no interior is more than a detail !! But that's another story...

Finally getting to the brake lines. I'm using a '75 M/C (Thank you, John),
everything else is '72. Metric fittings into the M/C, SAE (Imperial)
everyplace else. The local NAPA had pre-made brake lines with the metric
fittings on both ends, just got 2 and cut one end off. The cut ends now have
to be fitted with a SAE male fittings to mate with the pressure differential
switch. The question, finally, what's the best way to make the bubble type
'flare' needed on the end of the line. There is a tool available to make the
bubbles, has anyone done this ?

Also, I have admitted defeat regarding the windscreen installation. A pro is
coming out next week to put it in. I had gotten to the point of leaning on
the windscreen trying to get the @#$!@ thing in. And I'm sure it was about
to break.

TIA... Ken C