Dated repairs

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Dated repairs
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 09:35:13 -0700
When I'm not rebuilding my '71 MK IV, or building from bits a '74 1500,
I often repair or restore clocks.  While finishing the last one, I came
up with an the intriguing thought.

Clockmakers always mark a repair or restoration job with their initials
and the date.  You've probably heard how Sherlock Holmes solves puzzling
cases by that information.

Now I thought, wouldn't it be interesting if this had always been done
to LBCs?  A little scratched initial and date on the motor block,
tranny, firewall, etc?

And what would the next owner think if he opened the hood of his Spit
and found neatly engraved  "JC 01/00". (Sorry Joe :-))

Cheers, Fred

--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths,
Calgary, Canada