Re: How do I Wire the Overdrive in a spit

To: John Baker <dmjbaker@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: How do I Wire the Overdrive in a spit
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 09:39:00 -0700
John,
Since there is no relay for a J-Type Overdrive unit, it is much simpler to wire
than a D-Type.

Tap off the green wire on the Back-Up Lamp Switch on the Tranny.
Run a wire from that point to one pole of the Overdrive switch on the gear
lever.
Run a wire from the other OD switch terminal to the Gearbox switch (on in
3rd/4th)
>From the other terminal of the Gearbox switch, run a wire to the Solenoid.
The other side is grounded.

So, to wrap it up, all components are in series starting at the power source
(reverse switch) and going to the Grounded terminal of the Solenoid.

So if any of the switches are OFF, the OD doesn't engage.

Regards,
Joe