RE: Windshield removeal (and new question)

To: "Spitfires List Server (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Windshield removeal (and new question)
From: "Chris Sharp" <sharpc@interaxs.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 14:12:05 -0500
Greg-

As I understand it, put the rubber on the windshield and install the
windshield/gasket combination in the windshield frame.  Then press the
chromed plastic trim into the gasket.  The trim allegedly acts as a locking
piece, helping to hold the whole assembly together.  However, I doubt it's
actually needed since I've removed the trim and still can't get the glass
out.

If you have a copy of the gospel according to Haynes, the instructions and
diagrams on p300-301 cover the process pretty well.  Other manuals probably
cover the proceedure as well, I just don't have them available to me.

Chris