Rear Bumper

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Bumper
From: "R.D. Waid" <msp01091@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 14:06:57 -0500
Listers,
I bought a bumper badge from E-bay that came from the rear of a 72 Spitfire. it
is a simple chrome wedge that bolts on to the top surface of the bumper. My 71
has two round lamps set into the bumper surface to illuminate the license plate.

The VB catalog, on p158, shows a more complex assembly where the light lenses
are incorporated right into the wedge. I was looking at a club members less
adulterated 71 today, and his bumper carries the lamp design shown in the VB
catalog. My car is in storage, so I can't really see if the piece I bought will
fit. VB does not show a setup like mine (round lamps and separate wedge). Can
anybody help clear up this mystery? Were there more than one style of license
lamp/bumper badges in the early 70s?

TIA again,
Bob Waid