Re: April 1st Restart

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: April 1st Restart
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 18:40:55 EST
Conceivably nothing is wrong with your braking system. The PDWA switch
will come on for reasons other than an braking failure - bleeding the brakes
will set it off.  There should be a procedure in the manual for
re-setting/re-centering
it.  If you can't find it, let us know.  Not that I would condone defeating a
safety
warning device, but I always wondering about the utility of a brake light
that
doesn't go on until your brake pedal goes to the floor.  Duh, I think I could
figure out I had a problem without the stupid light.

Other thoughts, the sensor unit on the handbrake might be bad.  Also, I
believe that the brake light comes on when the oil pressure light comes
on (maybe that's just at startup), so you could check the oil pressure.

Good luck

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire