Not really LBC... Need help with spinning captive nut

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Not really LBC... Need help with spinning captive nut
From: Reginald Tulk <regtulk@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 19:54:05 -0600
Hello wise list-ers  !

Today while attempting to do-it-myself install a bolt on receiver hitch
on my astro van - I ran into a bit of a situation.
I needed to remove half a dozen or so bolts that hold the bumper mounts
to the frame so I could position the hitch assembly into place and then
re attach with the new bolts.  Problem is - one of the bolts just spins
and spins - I assume that the captive nut welded to the inside of the
frame channel has become "unwelded".  The nut is inside a square tube
that has baffles in it - can't even see the *&^%% thing, let alone get a
wrench on it!.

Anybody got any ideas as to how I can remove the bolt?  I've considered
cutting an access into the channel, but I don't like the idea of putting
weak spots into the frame.  If I need to take it to a shop I will - but
if anybody has any info I sure would appreciate it.

PS I need the hitch to pull my trailer to move the spit-in-a-box, so I
felt this question was worthy of the list!

Cheers
Reg Tulk