Re: which way does bearing face?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: which way does bearing face?
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 21:12:20 EST
If you don't remove it, it'll probably break at extreme axle angles anyway.
I got a nice u-joint ONCE, that came with the grease fitting AND a plug
for when the fitting was out.  Otherwise, I've made my own plugs by
sawing the head off a small bolt or machine screw and hacksawing
a small groove for a flat head screwdriver to remove it when I wanted
to grease the u-j.  Sorry I don't know the thread size and pitch.  It's
probably best not to leave the hole open for water and road dirt to get in.

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire