Re: People's comments

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: People's comments
From: Cometman <cometman_98@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 18:44:25 -0800 (PST)

> > The only people that ask about my Spit are other Spit owners and
> early
> > teenage girls that yell at me when I drive by.

=== message truncated ===

My 1975 1500 gets a lot of comments, though definitely not in show
condition.  Last night driving through the nightclub section of town, a
fellow standing in line yelled "all right, a Spitfire!"  I found myself
grinning.  A young lady pedestrian a few weeks ago said "Little bitty
car!"  But the best one was at the bookstore when a guy drove up,
parked, got out and said "what year is it?"  I said "2000"  He goes,
"No, I meant the car" - I thought he was a time traveler.