Finally Blasted Off

To: spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Finally Blasted Off
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 21:47:48 -0500
Well, my friends, I finally got my first taste of the lbc rush yesterday
with the break-in ride of my mk3 spitfire. No person on earth could have
slapped the smile off my face. A few good yelps made their way out of my
mouth as well. After a 5 month freshening up, this almost abandoned car
(16 years off the road with the PO) ran great!! Took a little while to
realize the power band was in the 3500 rpm range, but it really blasts
off.(sounds like it, anyway). The overdrive is fantastic, too. One rear
shock was a little tired, but grabbed one off a parts car I picked up
last week. The disease is now full blown, as I bought a 1976 TR6 last
night. I'll be attending a Triumphs Anonymous meeting later this week I
suppose."one car at a time"..."drive and let drive"  and all that.
Anyway, all this fun in my life is made possible through the generosity
and goodwill of all YOU folks who give your time and talents so freely.
I'm not a car mechanic, just an old kid with some tools. Altruism is
alive and well on this list. Thanks,all.
Kevin D. Thompson
1970 mk3 Spitfire back on the streets
1976 TR6
1975 Spitfire parts donor (more about this later)
Hey, Joe C.  do you want info from "parts cars" for the database? the
comm. tag is still attatched.