Re: Re-flaring lines-

To: bschwart@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Re-flaring lines-
From: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 14:42:06 -0400
Hi, Barry.

I purchased a tool to make the bubble flare that is found on the
master cylinder and PDWA end of the world.  It works just fine.  The
kit included a clamp (like you describe) and the various dies, but
also a tool for "preparing" the tube end -- basically a 4-flute
countersink mounted in a handle.  Instructions were to reduce the tube
wall thickness to half using the tool, then use the die to make the
flare.  Worked quite well for me on 3/16 brake line.  Of course, I
haven't leak-tested the system yet, so there could be a hidden
problem, but my guess is it's OK.

Donald.