Re: Spit Tub

To: "David A Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>,
Subject: Re: Spit Tub
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:04:05 -0700
David,

There was one on eBay recently that I've actually seen in person.  A local
British junkyard/repair place is selling one off a Mk1 or 2 (the chassis
plate has been removed).  Personally, I don't know how he knows it isn't off
an early Mk3, but who knows!  Anyway, I haven't inspected it closely, but it
appears to be a relatively decent shape with only a bit of surface rust (at
least the parts that I could see).  He was wanting $1,100 for it and
received no bids.  Seemed kinda steep to me.  I briefly considered a swap
since I need new floors, sills, rear wings, valance, etc, but my car is RHD
so I quickly abandoned that notion.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego