Re: Replace rear window? (was Rag Top Plastic Window)

To: "Zach" <zzalet@po-box.mcgill.ca>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replace rear window? (was Rag Top Plastic Window)
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 21:16:51 -0400
Convertible Top Shops (they also do boats) do this all the time. In many
cases it is cut out and glued over a slight lip left from the old window. On
my TR4, I had a top that originally was stitched between an inner and outer
piece of fabric. The Top Shop actually stitched in the new window, and used
the old thread holes in order to not make any extra holes in the top...that
was eight years ago and the window is still great!
Cheers
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /