RE: Commercial on TX TV last night/Mini

To: Laura Gharazeddine <Laura.G@141.com>,
Subject: RE: Commercial on TX TV last night/Mini
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 08:13:35 -0400
It's cute like a bulldog is cute.
What's interesting about the Mini is, it was the precursor for modern small
car design, exploring many design firsts;  transverse mounted engine,
merging the trans 'into' the crankcase, etc.
Seems like the Japanese have a habit of taking British design and improving
production and at a lower cost.  They did the same thing with motorcycles in
the '60's.
Miata, etc.