He Lives!

To: <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: He Lives!
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:47:05 -0700
Nigel is back on the road and with his hideously ugly after market oil
pressure gauge hooked up and working. I can see now that I really want to
get one of those nice combo oil/temp gauges-or at least a decent looking
oil. the DPO -the one before Dave put it in and it has a decidedly shag
carpet look to it-and it's over the glove box-so it's not really easy to
see. I guess a new wood fascia would be in order too...

Anyway!-the oil pressure at idle, with the car warmed up is 30-40 while the
pressure at speed is about 50-60-a wee bit higher upon excelleration. This
is not a stock engine, so, your pressure may vary.

Had an interesting chat last night about tires-still sorting it all
out-thinking of switching from 185/75/13 to 185/65/13 Yokohama performance
tires. I've never been terribly happy with the tires on Nigel, and do a lot
of fast freeway driving. I want a feeling of a bit more stability...

Laura

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!