Re: He Lives!

To: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: He Lives!
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:05:25 -0400
70 to 90 psi cold while at higher revs is not uncommon
or unwanted. Mine usually runs 75-85 cold,  60+warmed
and drops to 30-40 at idle warm. And like Nigel, Punkin' is
far from stock. (actually I find myself tracking your problems,
as we share very similar setups )       :-)

If you don't like the extra gauge in the cockpit, (aesthetics,
possible leaks on the carpet, etc, etc. ) there are oil pressure
switches that switch on/off at different pressures. You could put
a small plumbing 'T' on the side of the engine where Dave hooked
up your gauge and install a racing style oil pressure switch that
toggles at say....  25 PSI to light up a second idiot light.
( a lot less conspicuous)

Another option (I prefer)  use a second '3 terminal' oil pressure switch
(used to control the run on valve in late models, ) but wire it to
disconnect your ignition if you don't have pressure.  This also has the
added benefit of not letting the car start until oil pressure has built up a
bit.

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html