Strange LBC siting

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Strange LBC siting
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:03:19 -0700
About 20 years ago, a year or two after I sold my first '67 Spitfire, I had
the opportunity to buy a '59 MGA roadster with a rebuilt engine and tranny a
recent interior -- and a good straight body -- for $2,500.   A year later
after having the body sanded, blocked and painted, I sold it when I could no
longer keep it garaged.  I opted to sell it rather than park it on the
street and take any chances with it getting thrashed.  I love Triumphs first
and foremost, but I've always loved the lines of those MGA's.

Well, today I took a drive through a nearby neighborhood that I'd never been
in before.  Parked out on the street -- what looks to be a '58 or '59 MGA.
Straight, but kind of rough, oxidized paint, wire wheels and in sore need of
restoration.  It looks as though the owner filed or ground down the winged
knockoffs so they are sharpened??!!  The car has a tonneau cover that's
partially open -- and judging by the spider webs under the car, it looks
like it's been parked on that curb for a long time -- but the tires aren't
flat.

No "For Sale" sign, but for a moment (just a moment, mind you), I was SO
tempted to knock on the door of that house and say "hey, I'll give you $500
for that thing out front if you want somebody to haul it off for ya!!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Jeff's Classic '67 Spitfire Mk3 site