Restoration in a hurry update, Again

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Restoration in a hurry update, Again
From: "Patrick Bowen" <pabowen@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 20:32:08 -0400
Well, I assume the severe lack of traffic on the list is because everyone is
out driving the LBC's all over the countryside!  Well I for one have been
burrowed away in my garage trying to get the tub painted.  Starting at 0800
this morning, I just finished priming and am preparing to wet sand so that I
might place the basecoat on tonight and the clearcoat tomorrow.  While this
seams like an exorborant amount of time one must realize that this includes
all the sanding and some of the body puttying as well.  (not to mention
cleaning out the garage to make a half-A__ paint booth.  So far all is going
well.  I have decided to do all the items seperately so I can focus on one
item at a time, rather than the whole car.  I believe I will get better
results that way.  As of right now I have 2 weeks until it is time to be
finished.  I don't think I will make it, but hopefully the car will at least
be driveable.  We will see.

I just spent my childrens college tuition (or at least it seams) to buy a
whole bootload of parts from Ted Schumacher, and next week the local triumph
club, Triumph Club of North Florida, will be gathering at my abode to
assemble the engine, and place it in the car.

So One Really big question.  In preparation of them coming over what should
I have done on the engine to maximize time?  The engine is already machined,
and I have the parts.   What do I do now, and is there anything in
particular I need to be concerned about as I clean it.

Thanks,
Patrick Bowen