Stealth AM radio conversion

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Stealth AM radio conversion
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 23:24:22 -0700
Hello all.  I just wanted to share some exciting news.  In about a week, I
should be receiving my re-tooled original Triumph AM radio.  Utilizing the
1967 radio, I've had new electronics installed that not only give the radio
44 watts RMS power, but also FM stereo and wireless CD!  For all outward
appearances, the radio will be "stock" -- the pushbuttons and switches will
all work normally, only I'll actually be able to tune in some decent music.
But that's not all...  I'm going to record several CD's with only mid-60's
music and old radio station jingles -- so when I'm driving in my car, it
will truly be a "time machine".  Music is very important to me and really
has a way of taking me back.  Besides the "hits" of around '64 to '67, I'll
throw in some "stiffs" that never made the top ten, but sounded great to me
as I was growing up anyway.  Details on my web page if anyone is interested.
My hope is that the original AM-only appearance of the radio will deter
thieves who are more interested in modern stuff that they can "fence".
Unless my car is still undergoing renovation in the body shop, I'll plan on
having it on display at Triumphest in San Diego this October!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Jeff's Classic '67 Spitfire Mk3 site