Re: need help.....clicking nise from rocker cover

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: need help.....clicking nise from rocker cover
From: Steve Keidl <stevek@sparc.isl.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 23:42:18 -0700
Joe,

Mine is loud too.  Originally I blamed tappet clearance.  So I went in and set
it to spec, replaced the valve springs (they were shot) and it was still loud.
Turns out it was (and still is) worn out rocker arms and rocker shaft.  This
doesn't sound like your problem, however, if it just started after you got it
tuned.  I would take the cover off and listen around with a short piece of hose.

Steve Keidl
Rochester MN