Re: Oil pressure, emissions, and hood props, (oh, my)

To: "BillG" <wrgingerich@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: Oil pressure, emissions, and hood props, (oh, my)
From: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 19:28:06 -0500
BillG,  You may have serious internal engine wear, but hopefully not.  I had
a very similar experience just recently and it turned out to be the sender
was leaking just very slightly - and only when the oil was hot-hot.  With a
replaced sender, my SW electric gage now shows 30psi at idle and 55-60psi at
cruise - with the oil completely hot (Castrol 20-50 and Fram PH22A).  On the
other hand, if you have a mechanical gage, my happy experience is obviously
not applicable to your problem.

Cheers,  Ree Gurley in Silver Spring, MD  -  78 Spit  FM73070U O