Re: Oil leaking computers....

To: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Oil leaking computers....
From: "Dr. Faustus" <faustus@xmission.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 18:28:59 -0600 (MDT)
My first IBM compatible was a british made computer.  Looking back on it
(I still have it actually, long live the 8086!) it definately had the
british design mind set.  Any standard was over looked and re-engineered.
The power supply was in the proprietary monitor.  It had a Super-CGA
graphics adapter, capable of 16 colours instead of four.  It also had a
built in bus-type mouse.  All rare features of early XT-compatibles.  All
features that made you order parts from England...

Andy L.

I still love my old Amstrad PC1512DD, although after souping it up, it was
equivelent to their PC1640HD, with an added 360K floppy to boot!  I'll go
back to maintaining my PC museum now...