Silence Of The Bees

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silence Of The Bees
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:18:18 -0700
My gardener from Guatamala has been following my restoration with great
interest for the last couple of months, so I gave him a ride home today in
my Spitfire just to take advantage of the opportunity to drive it again.  I
noticed my distributor buzzing again when the engine was cold, but it seems
to settle down and stop the racket once the engine is warm.  The distributor
shaft does not appear to be loose. What's the deal here?  Why is it noisy
when cold and normal when warm?  Any ideas?

The car stayed under the halfway point for temperature, even during
prolonged idle time in 80 degree weather, so that was a good sign!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Jeff's Classic '67 Spitfire Mk3 site