Canadian shipping/taxes - Summary

To: "SpitList" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Canadian shipping/taxes - Summary
From: "Nicholas S Moseley" <nmoseley@direct.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:47:37 -0700
Sorry for my lack of response to your e-mails regarding Canadian taxes, and
shipping. I've been out of town for the past three nights. (Business
In Victoria, hi John, didn't know you were there until tonight, when I got
back).

across the border
-using the Post Office often reduces that charge to $5.00, and sometimes
free
-by marking the items Antique Auto parts, duty is waived, but sometimes the
shipping company will charge it in error (Reality mode ON: they try to sneak
that charge through and may pocket it).
-buying from a Canadian supplier cancels the customs charge, and Obsolete
Auto in Ontario has served list members well. Another supplier is Octagon
Motors in Vancouver B.C.  One can tell their specialty by their name (begins
with M, ends with G), but they were willing to order the part from UK and
quoted $120.00.
Many thanks to all who responded, sorry my delay in replying.

Nick Moseley