Re: weekends

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: weekends
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 13:50:01 -0700
Hi Fred,

I hear you.  However, weekends can sure be good for other non-list things,
too.  I just had the pleasure of meeting a fellow Spitfire owner who happens
to be local, Ken C.  He was interested in purchasing the leather sport
steering wheel that I had been trying to auction on TTA and I invited him to
come on over.  We stood in my garage for what must have been at least an
hour and a half talking about our cars and by the time we were through, we
worked out a great trade.  Ken is going to sandblast and prime the boot lid
I recently bought from another list member in exchange for my steering
wheel.  I thought that was a terrific arrangement.  I was going to have to
pay someone to blast the steel for me anyway and when Ken mentioned his
sandblasting setup, I thought "Heyyyyyyy!".

I offered to take Ken for a spin down my favorite two lane highway nearby
and he took me up on it.  Although he was a bit flustered sitting on the
left while I drove on the right, I think he enjoyed the short journey.  Ken
also confirmed our recent list discussions that loose trunnions in the rear
are the "click" culprits.

It was really a pleasure meeting Ken.  He was a real gentleman and it was
great to actually shake hands with a fellow enthusiast.  Better still, Mrs.
Jones behaved for the drive and actually drove very nicely.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Jeff's Classic '67 Spitfire Mk3 site