Re: weekends

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: weekends
From: Ken C <kenwc@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 15:22:32 -0700
Jeff,

Well, now I'm embarrassed !!  Anyhow, I hope mine runs as well when I take
you for a ride. And you'll sit on the passenger side, the "right" side. :)

I must admit a somewhat unusual feeling sitting on the left side and not
driving, a bit unnerving for the first little bit.

Just don't know how you Brits do it, on the wrong side of the road and
everything ! (VBG)

Ken C

> I hear you.  However, weekends can sure be good for other non-list things,
> too.  I just had the pleasure of meeting a fellow Spitfire owner who
happens
> to be local, Ken C.  He was interested in purchasing the leather sport
> steering wheel that I had been trying to auction on TTA and I invited him
> come on over.  We stood in my garage for what must have been at least an
> hour and a half talking about our cars and by the time we were through, we
> worked out a great trade.  Ken is going to sandblast and prime the boot
lid
> I recently bought from another list member in exchange for my steering
> wheel.  I thought that was a terrific arrangement.  I was going to have to
> pay someone to blast the steel for me anyway and when Ken mentioned his
> sandblasting setup, I thought "Heyyyyyyy!".
>
> I offered to take Ken for a spin down my favorite two lane highway nearby
> and he took me up on it.  Although he was a bit flustered sitting on the
> left while I drove on the right, I think he enjoyed the short journey.
Ken
> also confirmed our recent list discussions that loose trunnions in the
rear
> are the "click" culprits.
>
> It was really a pleasure meeting Ken.  He was a real gentleman and it was
> great to actually shake hands with a fellow enthusiast.  Better still,
Mrs.