trade

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: trade
From: david <engstrom@tstonramp.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 20:41:40 -0700
     Anyone out there in California want to trade a 1973 Spitfire for a
1965 MkII Spitfire? I got the MkII from the original owner. The interior
is shot but all there. It is in original condition with very little rust
but the original paint is faded. The body and frame are in good shape.
The body has maybe one or two small dents. The window seals are shot. It
has the original factory hardtop in good shape. Soft top frame is
present but no soft top. The car runs and drives but needs U-joints (I
think - knocking noise when when off and on throttle). Engine runs rich
>from one of the carbs - I tried tuning the car but only one of the carbs
would respond. The car had been sitting for almost 10 years when I
bought it but it started right up (I changed the oil and filter first).
It does not appear to be burning any oil. Compression check was
104/105/100/109 without opening throttle. The car is registered in
California with a current non-op.
     I would like to trade for a 1973 spit in like condition, ie, runs
and drives, very little rust, complete but cosmetics not important. Very
few if any dents in body. Car must have a current California
registration (non-op OK) Car must be within the Los Angeles area as I am
not interested nor knowledgable about shipping cars! I am located in San
Dimas, CA.

Thanks, David